Travel Documents

Students requiring visas and eTAs should begin the application process immediately after reviewing their LoA. Students cannot commence “Step 3: Flight, Accommodation, and Roommate Form” until they have received their Visa/eTA and their e-receipt.


Entry requirements to Canada are determined by your home country. Please visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada web page if you need a Visitor Visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) It generally takes four weeks or more to process your Visitor Visa. 


If you need to apply for a Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa):

Apply for a Visitor Visa using the IMM5256 Guide for further instructions. If you need help, contact your nearest visa application centre (VAC). 

For a step-by-step Temporary Resident Visa tutorial, please click here​.


If you need to apply for an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA):

Apply online for your eTA. To apply, you must have a valid passport, a credit or a debit card, an email address, and answer a few questions in the online application.