Everything you need to know about requirements for joining the Vancouver Summer Program.
Applying is simple
Since its inception in 2013, the Vancouver Summer Program has welcomed thousands of international post-secondary students to experience the educational journey of a lifetime—joining them is easy.
To apply for the Vancouver Summer Program, you must be:
- An undergraduate student at a post-secondary institution outside of Canada, and
- At least 18 years of age on the first day of the program.
English language requirements
To qualify for the Vancouver Summer Program, you must be fully proficient in English and be able to engage in an academic setting. Language requirements are self-assessed—we do not require TOEFL or IELTS results.
Package-specific requirements and exceptions
Before applying for a package, be sure to check its details to determine if you have fulfilled specific requirements (if any). For example:
- Some packages are only open to students at least 19 years of age on the first day of the program
- Some packages are also open to graduate (Masters/PhD) students
- Some packages require/prefer students to have a certain proficiency in the package’s discipline